mystictongue3

Archive for September, 2008|Monthly archive page

Analyzing Race….

In ELECTION 08, HOT BUTTON TOPIC, Politics, PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION, THE PEOPLE'S NEWS on September 22, 2008 at UTC.01.30.

I’m not a proponent for the plethora for ongoing polls this election season. However, there are times when the polls offer insight into the minds of voters. Such is the case with this latest poll from the Associated Press & Yahoo. The poll was conducted from August 27-September 5, 2008.

AP/YAHOO POLL

White Voters Describe Black Voters As:

  • Complaining                 29%
  • Violent                         20%
  • Lazy                             13%
  • Irresponsible                11%

Discrimination:

  • Blacks feel they face a lot of discrimination        57%
  • Whites feel Black face a lot of Discrimination        9%

As we view this poll, one thing is certain. Black and White voters see the world differently. Indeed, we have divergent experiences based on our cultural, philosophical, and spiritual lense. Though, we live in the same country, who would deny the persecution endured by “minorities” in America today?

Part of this reason, in my view, is its hard for perpetuators of discrimination to view reality from an objective point of view. I mean, the same people that vote, are the same people that idly/actively perpetuate it. My argument is that these same folks that say they don’t belive in pervasive discrimination against blacks are the main culprits of it, by the very perspective they espouse.

Let me say it this way, if 9% agree blacks are discriminated against, on the other hand, there is 91% that don’t agree. That 91% are the self-proclaimed perpetuators of discrimination by default. Its as plain as Black & White. If yu think about it objectively then this underlying fact is plausible with the everyday reality people see in their very lives.